Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Spring bursts today!

Tuesday, May 14:  It was my day off today (ha! you say ... aren't you retired?!? Yes, but I have grandkiddos here and there except NOT on Tuesdays or Fridays!), so I decided to get those annoying errands accomplished ... but NOT before visiting Robinette's Orchard! The cherry blossoms are at peak bloom and I did not want to miss out on them again this year!

 I took a whole bunch of photos from which I hope to make a few cards!
 It was crazy beautiful in the orchards today ... I could hardly contain myself.
 There were "bumbles" out here as large as birds (slightly exaggerating on this) ... I was later told by the staff that these bees were imported in (I believe from Indiana) to help with pollination this year. Yikes. They were HUGE.
 Everything was perfect today: the sunshine, the shadows, 70 degrees ... it was heavenly.

 I get a little "crazy" during spring. I can't help myself. I've never been drunk in my life, but perhaps this is what it feels like!

 As I was walking out of one of these pathways, I "ran into" one of the Robinette tour guide ladies who gave me a bunch of interesting information about the orchards. The main thing that I remember is that these are cherry blossoms, NOT apple blossoms. The apple blossoms are just getting started and are nearly the last to come out.

 Scenes like this always remind me of Anne's "White Way of Delight" in Anne of Green Gables.
 D-E-L-I-G-H-T is an excellent description.



 The tour guide welcomed me to cross Four Mile and take a little hike in their back acres, which I gladly did!
 It's amazing back here! I'd love to see if snow-covered ... however, I will gladly forego that sight until next January please.



 The tulips are on their very last stand ...
 I love this house ...


I'm going to make Jesse a birthday card from some of these pictures. His birthday is FRIDAY! It is his very last year to be YOUNG. More on that later ...

No comments: