Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Double trouble

Monday, May 27:  I'm only kidding about the title of this post. These two are not trouble at all! They are BUSY, and baby Erin is WALKING, and they were literally tearing their house to pieces (well, not literally), so I scooped them up, plopped them in their Cadillac stroller, and off we went for a walk. I was hoping to get a mile in, but we fell just short of it.
 Aidan looks like he would like to jump ship in these pictures ... probably because ... he wanted to run around and play. But he DID settle back finally and enjoy the ride.

 Below is the expression baby Erin will give when asked to smile ... oh my! What a scream.
 We walked across Madison and onto the streets near the creek. It was quiet there. Not much sun today. We walked and talked and watched the birds and smelled some flowers.
Erin was beginning to nod off, which I did NOT want until I could get her home and into her nap space ... so we turned around and high-tailed it back to their house! We played in the house for about 30 minutes until it was quite obvious that both dear babies were very tired. Erin now naps in a porta-crib back in the changing room, and Aidan naps in his own bed with Peeka-Choo and his other friends. They both went down with only minimal fussing! I love tucking Aidan in. He will lie down, all snuggled with his soft quilt, and let me rub his head and tell him sweet nothings for a brief minute. I tell him good-night and kiss his little face (I adore this child) ... and that's it! Erin, however, put up quite a loud (but brief) fuss and seemed absolutely indignant to the core that I would put her in a crib, kiss her, and walk out the door. Mmmm ... I love these littles.

No comments: