Wednesday, May 22, 2019

The sweetest little boy

Monday, May 20:  This sweet baby boy (I persist in calling designating him a "baby" because he is just SO lovable, cuddly, adorable and ... TINY!) came over for his usual Monday time at my house. I was hoping to do a playground today, but the weather was wet again--May is like that in Michigan! But the rain is bringing such lush beauty everywhere that I cannot complain about it!
 Aidan loves to play at my house, so that's a good thing. He knows where all of his favorite stuff is located and goes at it with all of his heart.

Aidan loves Paco the Pig, Cocoa kitty-cat, and Sammy ... my three main puppets. He puts them on his hands and uses a squeaky voice to talk--it's terribly cute. 
 Aidan LOVES cars and trucks, so he takes great delight in the stuff back in my toy room.

 This bookend of Jesus is on my front room shelf, facing out, not holding any books whatsoever--it's too beautiful to hide away. Aidan walked past it and pointed, "Se-sus!" he said with his small voice.
 Aidan usually sits at my piano for quite awhile, turning pages in the book like he is reading music and the whole nine yards ...
 For some reason, Aidan really likes these little bronze shoes. My Grandma Mary had a bronze shoe cast from each of her grandchildren's first shoes. The shoe on the left is from my baby shoe and the one on the right is my brother's (Kevin). Anyway, I have MINE sitting on a shelf by my piano. Kevin's is way back behind a bunch of stuff on my bedroom dresser--but for some reason, Aidan remembers where it is and collects it to carry around with him.
 Aidan is a little bit tricky to feed lately. He's gotten pickier about what he likes I guess. But he has a long list of allergies, so it's not like I can just grab any old snack for him! He doesn't complain--truly--but he just doesn't eat much over here. Sigh. He hugely enjoys sitting in this little high chair, though, and plays with food for quite awhile, eating a bite here and there.

 Aidan kept trying to get these shoes to fit his little feet--and even though Aidan's feet ARE little, he could not manage to squeeze them into these casted shoes ... but no worry ... he just carried them all over the place anyway.

 I picked up a new wind-up toy at the Children's Museum the other day for $1.99 ... a frog who doesn't hop very well, but rolls its eyes quite nicely!

 Aidan was pretty determined to get froggy to go somewhere.
 And then the garbage truck showed up ... he quickly ran to the window seat and hoisted himself up to view the whole glorious procedure of the guy grabbing garbage bags from the curb. Good stuff.

 Aidan loves this window seat. It fits him so perfectly. He lounges around on it, reads books, plays with cars, and then always manages to snuggle down and take a pretend nap ...

Aidan found the "Pets" in a bin today and immediately loved "Max." I showed him a little bit of the "Pet" movie, but not the scary stuff. He watched in his little chair while I cleaned up the place and then we headed on back to his house ... love you, dear baby Aidan!

No comments: