Thursday, May 16, 2019

A Wonderful Wednesday

Wednesday, May 15:  Brendan had back-to-back appointments at the end of his school day, so I met Kelly out at the office and took the two tinies for a nice spring walk. We saw lots of interesting stuff along the way! 
 It was a super windy day, sunny, and just in the low 70's--perfect for walking. These first pictures are out of order. They were taken inside Saint Nick's when we stopped to get out of the wind and for me to take a bathroom break. Look at darling l'il Erin. She is THE SWEETEST.

 The Geese and Goslings:  One thing I learned a long time ago is NOT to mess with geese and their offspring! We stayed our distance and I just zoomed in for a few pictures. Aidan was calling out to them, "Hi Geese!" "Hi babies!"  He is too much.



 Geese are pretty, and I DO like to watch them--ducks too--but the down side is all of the poop ... it's just everywhere. Yuck.


 St. Nicholas Church: I've never been inside this church until today. I've wanted to stop in just to see these amazing stained-glass windows! We were greeted by the church administrator who welcomed us and told us to take our time and look as much as we wanted. He told us that these windows were in their original place of worship over on Boston Street and when they built their new building, they made sure these windows had a central display.

 "Jesus!" yells Aidan.
 The cupola ... at least that's what it is called ...
 My former pastor, Ed Dobson, used to stop in to this sanctuary to meditate and pray. He figured he wouldn't be interrupted by Calvary folk if he came here ... 
 With Brendan: Finally, Brendan's appointments were over. So the tinies went back to Kelly's car with hugs and good-byes. "Love you, Aidan!" "Wuv ou!" I gave him a little kiss on the top of his sweet head and he smooched me back! A FIRST! Naturally, I melted.

Brendan and I came back to my house where we played, ate a nice hearty meal together, and for dessert enjoyed ice-cream topped with M&M's, chocolate syrup and a brownie on the side! We completed all of Brendan's homework, studied his verses in Psalm 103, and talked about the meaning of "mercy" and "compassion" ... this child has the dearest little soul.
 Always too soon, it was past time to get back to his house! We accidentally spilled an entire bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal with milk all over Brendan's lap--so we washed his clothes while he wore this pair of PJ's. I couldn't locate the shirt in any of my drawers!
It was a very wonderful Wednesday!

No comments: