Monday, May 27, 2019

Time with Emma

Saturday/Sunday, May 25&26:  This photo is from a few weeks ago ... I didn't take any pictures of Emma this weekend. She's not a little kid anymore--so I can't just snap away and act like she doesn't notice ... 
Emma had a school project to work on during the afternoon hours on Saturday. She was over at her friend's house working on the Holocaust project that is due early this coming week. I wasn't sure if she would be home when I dropped off Kaity or not ... I didn't want to hope too badly, and then be disappointed. So I decided to just let it go, enjoy the time I had with Kaity, and then let come what may.

But YES! When I dropped Kaity off at nearly 9:00 pm Saturday night, Emma had her back pack all packed and she was ready to come with me. I was so pleased!

We did our Bible story about King Rehoboam. He followed his dad, King Solomon, to the throne of Israel. He made some really bad decisions and the kingdom ended up splitting (and never reuniting) under his reign. There were so many consequences to his poor choices! All of the GOLD that Solomon had acquired was taken by the Egyptians! All of the cities Rehoboam had fortified were conquered! Rehoboam replaced the solid gold items with cheap bronze ones. So we talked about how that happens in our lives too. We trade the good things God gives us for imitation ... pretend worship, fake relationships, etc. What God really wants is our hearts ...

After our story, we watched an episode of Sherlock Holmes and laughed ourselves silly. I love to laugh with Emma. I had never seen an episode of this particular show ... and there are three seasons of it. We decided we would continue to watch episodes together. I'm looking forward to it.

We slept well and went to church Sunday morning. We were studying Isaiah 48 and about God knowing what is BEST for us, accepting what He brings into our lives. It reminded me of what Emma and I were studying last night about King Rehoboam. At one point, he actually humbled himself before God and said, "God is Just!" If we really believe that what God is doing in our lives is the BEST, we can trust Him to be fair and to walk through the hard times with us. We came home after church, ate some leftovers and some deli-chicken, and then I drove Emma back to her friends so that they could continue working on their project. I am so thankful for this time with Emma. It means so much to me.

No comments: