Wednesday, August 11, 2021

August 10 These Three

Tuesday:  It was super HOT today--90 degrees with a 75% humidity rate ... almost too stiffling to breathe. This is one of those very rare days that I regret NOT having air conditioning. But I did "catch a break" inthat Brendan had sailing lessons this morning and the little kids wanted to go over to Reed's Lake to watch him, as well as to play in the sand at the tiny beach there at the marina. Jen offered to deliver all of the kids to me by about 1:00 in the afternoon. It was wonderful to have a few extra hours this morning to prepare for the kiddos to arrive. 

I set up the Tree House and part of the playground. I made the slide empty out into a little container of water that I set up on the coffee table, so that the kids could slide down the figures (and the "anti-mals" and cool them off).
They had a lot of fun playing water slide ...
... even "Mrs. Grizzly" bear slid down the slid and landed in the water.
Brendan was kept amused by the library tablet again today. I am super thankful it has such nice games on it for him to play. I can't believe I have come to that place--where video games are acceptable! But, in my defense, there is such an age gap between Brendan and the little kids, that it is difficult to find something we can all do together. The tablet at least was challenging for Brendan and kept him in the same room with us most of the time. He also talked a lot about the games--so at least we were interacting a little bit.

Aidan had brought over his own stuffed pig (named "Piggy") to play with Paco. I don't think I ever got a picture of "Piggy" but they DID play a lot. Here is Aidan making Paco have ridiculous faces ...

Erin thought she would try feeding Matey-Bird an apple today ...
Do you see Matey coming in for a bite?
Erin was super pleased to share her apple slices with this little bird today.

Aidan and I built LEGO space ships together today. Aidan LOVES LEGOs. Me too!

I am NOT the best builder--but I liked MY spaceship too!

We did a bit of drawing together today as well -- any activity we could do that didn't involve much physical effort was encouraged all the way!


It was nearly 6pm before I took the children back to their house--traffic was a bear--and look what I found out when I got there! (Next post).
 

No comments: