Monday, August 2, 2021

July 31 Family Faces (2021 reunion, Part II)

Saturday:  So ... this 2021 family reunion actually only represents a fraction of the family. My Aunt Jean's girls (with the exception of Sharon) didn't come--they were at "the cottage" over by Little Pointe Sable and today was the last day of their stay there. My Aunt Sal's kids were also up at the cottage--this part of the family is HUGE--and not one of them came either. 

You might want to know WHO is this? This is Sadie--and she wanted my camera SO BADLY! I snapped this picture real quick of her and then she asked if she could take one of me ...

... here is the picture Sadie took of me. She pointed at the flowers and took quite a few of them too before I was able to coax my camera out of her hands.
Ruthanne and Terry inspecting all of the cool stuff in Mary's yard.

How can anyone look at these exquisite flowers and not worship God?


Below:  Michelle (my cousin Wayne's wife), SuzAnne (my cousin Gary's wife), and Braden (Wayne and Michelle's son).
Aunt Sally talking with cousin Mary ...
Cousin Marti wheeling my Aunt Jan across the lawn. My Aunt Jan is 87 years old. Her memory is almost lost. She asked her daughter, Marti, where they were and Marti told her--"Mary's Garden, mom!" But I could tell that Aunt Jan didn't remember the place at all.

Ruthanne, Don and Marti, my Aunt Jan and Aunt Sally ...
One of Aunt Jan's grandsons (Joel--son of Don and Grace) greeting his grandma, my Aunt Jan. Mary is in the wheelchair.
My sister, Ruthanne, and my cousin Sharon (her husband, Rick, is directly behind Sharon).
Wayne, Michelle, Angelina and Braden ...
Aunt Jan and Aunt Sally.
Gary and SuzAnne with Aunt Jan.
Uncle Richard and Aunt Sally. Very sweet people. Very heartbroken over a great divide in their family. I need to remember to pray for uncle and aunt--that God would have His way in every life in their family and reconcile them.
This is my cousin, Wayne--recently retired from full-time police work in Detroit. Here he is telling one story after another about when he was serving his Detroit community. Brave man.

8/9/2021:  I found these two pictures on my phone (!!) I took while with Ruthanne and Terry right before we drove over to my cousin Mary's house. We enjoyed a delicious lunch at "The Engine House" ... super good hamburger sliders!


It was good to be with Ruthanne and Terry--love them both so much.

No comments: