Friday, August 6, 2021

August 5 At my house with KT

Tuesday:  I had made ahead french toast, since Kaity tells me how much she loves it, but tonight Kaity wasn't one bit interested in eating! Sigh. We played a few games, thankfully, that I had checked out from our public library. They were included in the Resource bag. Both of them had to do with rhyming words; and since these games were new to Kaity, we played them for quite awhile.

Kaity wanted to be sure to include her little animals friends: Precious (the pink one) and Blueberry. So we did just that! Here's the thing: Kaity likes NEW stuff--I don't mean NEW new, just stuff that she hasn't seen before. Her entertainment expectations are HIGH and she gets bored quite easily with the same old things. I know this isn't good for her, so I don't run out and purchase NEW stuff every week--even if it is USED new stuff. Instead, the library is a really good option for me and these resource packages are really put together amazingly. They seemed geered right to Kaity.

Kaity even insisted on reading the directions to me, stating that "Reading is fun, grandma!" You could have knocked me over with a feather ...

Look at this little person -- she is resembling her brother, Christopher, more and more in her facial features--her nose, her mouth, her chin! She is a pretty little girl.
Here she is, showing me "her moves" ... and I was supposed to photograph it better than it shows here.



I LOVE your smile, Kaity-Girl.

I wasn't feeling "well" today--I was a little "down" and somewhat lethargic ... so you can only imagine how thankful I was when God answered my prayers for strength, patience, kindness, and a fun time for Kaity and I today. He answered beyond what I had hoped for--but then, God is good at that.


No comments: