Friday, August 20, 2021

August 19 Kaity's Restaurant

Thursday:  Every year for MY birthday, I order a few more toys for my little house--toys that all of the little ones can enjoy for awhile. I know this is an ODD way to celebrate my birthday; but the truth is, I never grew up. Anyway, all three of the cool things I ordered arrived Tuesday evening. All of them pertain to cooking stuff and food stuff ... which I truly NEEDED more of!

Kaity was the first one to try everything out. She was quite pleased. She is a little bit "old" for this type of toy, but she is really good at pretending--plus, she brought Lily over to visit with Paco ... so they ended up being the first customers at Kaity's restaurant. Here is Kaity preparing the food.

The three sets are: two of them are made out of sturdy plastic and include food that you can actually cut apart! There is a very cool aligator pan, a shark bowl, two different tea pots, a knife set, cutting boards, utensils, and a LOT of food. For example, there are TWO crabs that actually come apart in three places! There is a hamburger complete with lettuce, cheese and tomato and these come apart too. There are oranges and a banana you can peel, eggs that you can cut into, etc. The one wooden set is a Melissa & Doug wooden birthday cake that comes with cool candles and cake toppings that you can change up--very cute.

When asked what it was they wanted for dinner, Lily decidedly wanted SEA FOOD (yes!). Paco wanted a cheeseburger and fries. And WHAT did they want to drink? Well ... TEA, of course! 
Here is Kaity serving the nice hot tea to her customers ...
Kaity made a wonderful combination cook/waitress!
Matey-Bird was super excited about the dinner too and kept a close watch on everything. He even tried to eat the plastic banana (bananas are his favorite).
I think my birthday gifts were a success. Erin and Aidan are going to flip out when they see this stuff on Tuesday. I can't wait!
 

No comments: