Tuesday, August 31, 2021

August 28-29 A Quiet Weekend

Saturday/Sunday:  This is going to be a very brief narrative, which I may eventually expand upon, but no guarantees!

Kaity, Emma and I swam for two hours over at Brenda's condo pool this afternoon/evening. It was stinkin hot and the pool felt great. We even ate pizza, poolside, for dinner! That saved me bring the girls home here and cooking a meal for them--the house is terribly uncomfortable with this high humidity.


We did come to my house for a brief while, played with Kaity a bit, had some ice cream and then took Kaity back to her mom.

We worshiped Sunday morning at Calvary. What a wonderful service. Our Genesis series continued in the first chapter where pastor concentrated on Day 6 with mankind being created in the image of God. It was such a good teaching! Our volunteer hour went very well too. Emma and I worked hard with the little kids and felt blessed to do so. We had two new little boys dropped off to us--twins--by the name of Lyndon and Landon. Both were devastated to leave their mom at the door (having never been in any pre-school or situation like this before). They both wailed inconsolably until they were convinced to come and sit with me in a "quiet" corner where I read them stories and talked quietly to them the entire hour. Their little faces were SO sweet. I thought it would help that they were brothers and "had" each other, but when one began to cry, the other soon followed! Of all things, this week was a fire drill! Thankfully, my two charges and I were allowed to stay where we were and were excused from the drill. 

Sunday afternoon, Emma and I relaxed in the very humid heat, took naps, read books, and then we watched the first HOBBIT movie and enjoyed it very much. I was so encouraged today by the message and by some of the conversations Emma and I had. Thank you, Lord.

No comments: