Wednesday, August 25, 2021

August 24 A Good Tuesday with the Kids

Tuesday:  Another Tuesday already? The weeks continue to zoom by so quickly! These guys hadn't yet seen or played with all of my birthday presents. I KNEW they would love these toys so much. I'm so glad I bought them for myself!

Erin and Aidan cooked and served food all throughout our six hours together today ...
Erin and Matey have a "thing" going. They truly enjoy each other. Who could resist little Erin?
Erin and Matey sharing kisses ...


So SO sweet! Aidan bringing us more and more food as we tried to eat a decent lunch in the kitchen.
I think Aidan enjoyed these toys more than anyone else. It was so much fun watching him imagine fixing lunch for everyone.
Brendan spent a long time playing with my Number Robots that join together to make TWO super big robots. He is so good at mechanical things, with the added benefit of being THE MOST PATIENT young person I have ever met. He'll just keep working and working on something until it works out ... or doesn't--but he doesn't easily give up.
This little pixie LOVES books. She will grow up to be an excellent reader some day. I love to read to her, and she loves to read to me!

Erin's favorite toy was the Melissa & Doug birthday cake. She really enjoyed switching all of the toppings and candles.
Cutting everyone a slice of cake was a real thrill to her ...
The very first slice of cake was presented to Emma:  "This is for you, Emma!" Erin softly said.
Here's Aidan again ... hard at work figuring all of the pots and pans out--which lid fit which pan, etc., and using the little cooking utensils and tiny one-burner stove (that sings to you and makes "boiling water" and other cooking noises).


After Emma went to work at 3:00, we turned on a video from Disney ... a movie about five little puppies who help to rescue a treasure in Egypt. The puppies could talk (!!) and there was the cutest little monkey too. Actually, ALL of the animals talked. The movie was a diversion to the stifling heat in my house--which isn't intolerable if a person is just sitting around ... but little children do not do that for very long!
We enjoyed a few ice cream treats and also drew pictures for awhile. Brendan folded a bunch of paper airplanes again and designed one of his own--which was a bizarre contraption with more wing flaps than you could count. It flew surprisingly well!
Aidan really LOVES orange creamsickles ...
We drove back to their house by about 5:45 ... and guess what? They threw a mini-belated b'day party for me! Erin and Kelly had picked out the cake the other day. Erin LOVES rainbows and clouds. I LOVE Erin!
Kelly cut the cake and all the kids had a different portion of the cake they put "dibs" on ... pretty soon, there was moist chocolate cake EVERYWHERE and the huge-est smiles on these sweet faces. I neglected to photograph that however because I was too busy stuffing my own face with the delicious cake.





It was a really sweet time with these guys, and I felt truly loved. There was air conditioning in their house, which was a relief after being in an 85+ degree house all afternoon. It was a happy celebration and I am really thankful for it.


No comments: