Monday, August 16, 2021

August 14 Tiny party for Emma

Saturday:  While Emma was at work Friday, I got a few things ready for her mini-party. To explain: her party will consist of Kaity and I! Anyway, I got her cheesecake ready, wrapped presents and got my little house all ready ...

This picture is of Emma and Maity playing Friday before she went to work. Matey was IN LOVE with her deodorant container ... it was pretty funny actually.

I decorated with the balloons Kaity had chosen at Meijer the other night ...
I happened to have a leftover tablecloth from Emma's graduation open house that matched everything perfectly.

I picked Kaity up at 3:00 from her mom. We stopped by Jesse's so that he could show us his post-op knee and visit with him briefly. Once here, we decided it would be appropriate to open presents immediately.
Kaity had picked out a cute card the other day for Emma. She asked her brothers to sign it too.
There is soft furry material on the front of the card ...


I made Emma's card Friday while she was at work. She liked it very much.


These two gifts were chosen by me from Emma's Amazon wishlist--so none of them were surprises--except Emma didn't remember exactly what she had put on the list--so all was good.
This is a super nice wallet in BLACK (her favorite color) with all kinds of organizational zippers and compartments. Leather. Nice.
This one was a little bit ... ODD. When it arrived from Amazon, I opened it to make sure it was the correct item--but I was a little bit disappointed with its appearance ...
Look at it! The shrink wrapping crushed the entire thing! Look at Emma's face as she is trying to figure out what on EARTH this is supposed to be. I gave her zero hints.
And look at dear Kaity's pouty face! She was so sad! However, when Emma took it out of the package and shook it out a little bit, the very soft, rather "furry" (inside and out) hooded jacket was very liked by both Emma and Kaity. I thought sure I had a picture of Emma modeling it--but I can't find it!
Emma and Kaity played a game of Chess while I was throwing dinner together ...
This is the no-bake cheesecake I made for Emma last night. 
As it turns out, it wasn't the recipe that I USUALLY use and was very creamy and quite pudding-like in it's texture. The other recipe I use at least gives a smooth but firm cheesecake when finished. Sigh. Note to self: throw away this recipe!
We sang "Happy Birthday" and DID enjoy eating this together--although both Emma and I are rather dairy intolerant ... so you can imagine the negative consequences about 20 minutes later. 

I'm glad we could celebrate a little bit with Kaity tonight. It was important to her. Now that Emma is no longer living with either parent, Kaity feels quite sad. It is a difficult situation, for sure; and we are still praying for a solution. It sure would make a lovely birthday present for Emma if we could find a place for her!

No comments: