Monday, August 16, 2021

August 16 Emma is NINETEEN

Monday:  Seriously? How is this possible?!?!? I do not know ... I just know it is a fact! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, dear one. 

Emma hates her birthday. We were just talking about this last week or so, with Emma telling me that every single year, something terrible happens around her birthday. I reassured her that it would not be the case this year! Of course, since I can't see the future, I had no way of knowing what would transpire in the last few days. In Emma's heart and mind, this is a terrible day for her. My heart aches deeply about all of it. Broken relationships are always painful ... and it doesn't just "go away".

I had saved a "surprise" gift for Emma to open this morning. I saw it on sale at Meijer about 10 days ago, took a picture of it with my phone, and thought I would perhaps buy it and save it for her for Christmas ... but in light of all that has taken place this week, I wrapped it up and gave it to her this morning.

We played a guessing game for a brief time ... but she had ZERO guesses!
Look at her face! YAY!

I have another brand name one of these and Emma and I use it to make "shakes" and "smoothies". Emma has often said how in the future she will NEED one of these. This was on super duper sale at Meijer!
I will end this post with a quote from a song by Michael Card (from "Poiema")

"Oh, I would wander weary miles
would welcome ridicule, my child to simply see the sunrise of your smile.
To see the light behind your eyes, the happy thought that makes you fly ...
Yes, I would wander weary miles
to simply see the sunrise of your smile."

I would, Emma. I would walk many many miles to be with you ... to tell you I love you and that I am thankful to be your grandma.

No comments: