Friday, August 6, 2021

August 6 Another ROCK

Friday:  I finally finished--actually, I gave up--this lighthouse rock. I just have to say that ... I only like a tiny bit of it; but I have tried and tried to make it look more REAL, to no avail. So here it is:


 I showed a picture of this to my dear friend, Brenda, and told her all a lot of my criticisms of it. She asked me to tell her FIVE positive things about it! I could only tell her that I like the water ... the wave part where it hits the rocks!

Here are its faults:  

(1)  The lighthouse is boring, boring, boring! Plus, Emma says it looks "like it is waving in the wind" when I thought all along--"At least the lighthouse is STRAIGHT!" Apparently not.

(2)  The trees are too thick and clumpy ... no, they are NOT bushes, they were SUPPOSED to be TREES.

(3)  The sky is also ... boring. You cannot possibly believe the amount of times I repainted that sky trying with all of my might to make it more interesting. I tried a sunset, I tried twilight, an orangy-glowy kind of sky, etc. Yuck.

(4)  The lettering is ... boring. At first, I lettered it in black, kind of calligraphically. But it wasn't readable! So then I switched to white and lettered it about a million times before I SETTLED for this.

The positives:

(1)  I kind of like the clouds. I watched a few tutorials about painting clouds and it kind of worked.

(2)  I DO like the waves.

(3)  I like the colors.

(4)  I like that the lighthouse's windows are ... cute.

(5)  Christ IS my Light! I don't like the lettering, but it is at least readable; and it is the TRUTH. I do not have to walk in the darkness. I do not have to let life overwhelm and choke me. I do not have to choose the wrong path. I HAVE CHRIST, and He is enough for me.

No comments: