Friday, August 6, 2021

August 5 AJ's with KT

Thursday:  Summer is beginning to "run out" and I've been concerned that I would miss out on taking Kaity over to AJ's for a bit of fun ... so today seemed like a perfect opportunity. The weather was agreeable--low 80's (which is too cold for me to swim--I know, I know--I am a complete wimp), with about a 30% chance of rain, rather overcast actually. I didn't tell Kaity we were going to go to AJ's ahead of time (i.e. last week), but only just when I picked her up today. 

Since I am on a rather fixed income and have to keep a budget of sorts, I decided beforehand how much I could spend and only missed it by $2--and that was only because AJ's has raised their prices and I wasn't aware! I did ask Kaity which activities were most favored, and she and I had pretty much the same ones--yay!

We immediately headed over to the go-karts and were very surprised when they told us that Kaity was "too big" for the kiddie carts! What?!?!?!?! They measured her and she was EXACTLY 54". Good grief! They told her she was tall enough to ride the REAL go-karts. Kaity seemed apprehensive about this possibility. I didn't want to force her, but I KNEW she would be okay. She is not usually a reckless little person.
Look at her facial expressions ...
Does that look like a kiddo who is going to step on the gas and make the car tumble over itself? No! 
Pretty soon, Kaity was off and on her way ... she was cautious ... a tiny bit slow ... a little bit tense, I would say ...

The staff at the track had the drivers go around SIX times. Just so you know, that's a really LONG time to drive a go-kart if you have never ever driven one before.


At about the 5th time around, Kaity began to relax a little bit ... I was hoping to see a broad smile, but it never happened. That's OK! Here she is, pulling the go-kart into the parking zone.

I congratulated her and told her what a good job she had done! Another younger person on the track the same time as KT had spun his cart around and was headed in the wrong direction, could NOT get the cart turned around and had to be rescued by the staff! 
From the race track, we moved on to mini-golf. We love this little course. It has a LOT of water hazards and I think it is fairly difficult--but it is very pretty and it's interesting to play it. Kaity was NOT a patient golfer and did not care to improve any of her golf moves! She was on the move and there was NO stopping her!


She did pause just long enough for me to request a picture of her in front of the blue falls ...
I had to tell Kaity NOT to climb up this wall. There were no posted signs, but I'm sure AJ's doesn't want children climbing up high walls around their place.
At about Hole 15, we quit recording our scores--we were only going up to stroke 5 anyway (due to people being behind us--we didn't want them to have to wait while we did TWENTY strokes) ... but by then, Kaity was DONE with golf and wanted to go INSIDE to the arcade. It had actually gotten a little sticky-hot by then, so we kind of just rushed through the last three holes ...
We had $5 worth of tokens to use at the arcade. Kaity mostly enjoyed the racing games (like the one below), and there was also a bowling game that was pretty cool. 
Thankfully, Kaity was content with our time at AJ's and not once did she beg to do more. YAY. We drove to my house to eat our dinner and play ...
 

No comments: