Friday, August 27, 2021

August 26 Kaity at Culver's

Thursday:  I drove over to Jesse's to pick Kaity up at 4pm today--because she has returned to school, and that is approximately the time her bus drops her off. However, TODAY the buses were all backed up and delayed because evidently Kindergarten kids started school today and some of the bus routes had to be worked on and totally re-routed. By the time Kaity got off the bus, it was 4:45--and our time tonight was going to be brief anyway because she was going with her mom out to Grant to watch Chris play his first game (football) of the season. Comstock ended up winning 55-6. Wow.  I needed to have Kaity to her mom just after 6pm, it was hotter than hot at my house, I was beyond tired ... so we opted for dinner at Culver's over on Alpine. Here are some pictures from our time there:

Kaity is a very picky eater--which is why we don't eat out more often actually. It's tough for me to pay for a meal that she isn't interested in eating ... but I thought we would give this a try. Culver's is one of my favorites AND it is one of the only places that are open for diners around here (due to COVID). Kaity's Beanie-Boo (named Blueberry) accompanied us into the restaurant ...
To my complete shock (!!!), Kaity ate an entire (almost) cheeseburger and order of fries! We then ordered a scoop of delicious chocolate soft-serve ice cream for her and she practically licked the bowl clean. YES!

We had a very enjoyable time as we ate, just talking through Kaity's first week back to school. She is now in the THIRD grade over at a completely NEW building (for her) that houses grades 3 through 5. She says the building is great and the playground is really fun too. 

I love you, dear Kaity-Girl!

No comments: