Monday, August 2, 2021

July 31 The 2021 Holtzhouse Family Reunion (Part I)

Saturday:  It has been FOUR years since there has been an "official" Holtzhouse Family Reunion--and even then, it took place in this exact spot! There isn't a better place--not anywhere! What a little Paradise my cousin Mary has made out of her back yard. She says she is only "taking care of God's beauty" ... but she certainly does a better job than most at that. This first post is going to be mostly of her garden ...




The variety of color and blossom all together is just an amazing sight.



Even Mary's bumblebees were enchanted it seemed. They were super well-mannered and friendly!






There was no place to look that wasn't beautiful!

This gorgeous swallowtail was very cooperative with my camera ...















I forget to ask WHO painted these rocks ... but I LOVE them! They are so well done! Some day ... perhaps my rocks will be this pretty too.


This extremely intricate and odd flower is an Asiatic lily (according to Mark Fields--my nephew-in-law) ...

I'll post actual pictures of people (shock) in the next post ...
 

No comments: