Sunday, September 30, 2018

1-2-3

Saturday, September 29:  I had THREE grandchildren elect to come over this afternoon/evening. Everyone came except Chris, who was spending the night (again) over at Tyler's place. It was COLD, so I was NOT inclined to spend time outside; however, we did drive by the greenhouse that is next door to where I live and picked out FOUR very healthy, white mum plants to add to my beautiful front yard. Each of us picked out a pot and then placed it out in front of the house (I neglected to take a picture of that--rats!!).

I had some finishing touches to put on our dinner, so KT and Matt went into the playroom and within a few minutes, THIS is what was transpiring: They had made an entire city, as well as an obstacle course. They were playing SUPER good together, which brought me joy. Emma was here at the computer, listening to music and watching Youtube. She prefers NOT to be in photographs (Matt voiced the same, but he got caught in TWO inadvertantly).

 We ate our dinner (Kaity had TWO helpings of our chicken/rice/broccoli and ate every grain of rice--her bowl was EMPTY--amazing), and then while I cleaned it up, everyone went back to what they had been doing. After clean-up, I set up the ping-pong table (ha! that's a joke) ... you see, I convert my wooden rectangle table into a ping-pong table (it is way too short, but ... oh well!). I totally keep forgetting to take a picture of it when it is all set up to play. You see, we have no net and the duct tape one that I kind of made, really doesn't work very well. SO ... we use one of those chain-link baby toys and rope it over two chairs, suspending it across the table. It works! Don't knock it! Anyway, Matt and I played and we had SUCH FUN. Matthew! I love it when you come over!
 We also played our new Memory Game (the dinosaur one that is also a puzzle). Matthew won each and every game, much to Kaity's disappointment.

We also had an EXCELLENT Bible story time. These children are such a joy to tell these stories to. We learned about the continuing war between the house of David and the house of Saul and what happened to end the war and how David was finally anointed king over ALL Israel, and the following celebration. What I loved about our time together was the great questions asked, the wonderful coloring pictures the kids did, and just how comfortable we are together. Thank you, Lord, for all of it. Please help us to come close to You so that we can LISTEN and DO what You would want.
Kaity enjoyed playing some of my instruments, and Emma shared her ensemble music with me as well. I'm so proud of her being in Vocal Impact! 

No comments: