Sunday, September 16, 2018

Quietness and Laughter

Saturday evening, September 15:  The boys' friend, Tyler, was over for the day--and since I have no way to transport FIVE children in my car to and from my house, the boys decided to stay back and NOT come over. So it was just us girls once again. We ate a yummy and nutritious dinner and then Kaity kidnapped me to the play room. Emma watched some DIY videos on Youtube while Kaity had me quite occupied in the back room.
 Kaity gets quite creative with her playtime. The only drawback is that she likes a LOT of stuff out all at once. I don't do well with chaos (!!), so I continually try to direct her to a few toys at a time. I will say, however, it is interesting how she combines my toys to think up all kinds of interesting scenarios.
 We made garages and houses for many of our tiny cars, our Hot Wheels vehicles and even some of our airplanes. Kaity was quite bossy today! She wanted things done HER way, which got a bit comical when I wanted to do things MY way ...
 We spent a lot of time laughing at each other and with each other ... I think that is always the best!
 I am really thankful for this little room designated especially for play. It's just big enough to have freedom to move around with quite a few toys on the floor. If Kaity had her way, she would totally empty each and every shelf and drawer to play ... but I don't allow her to do that ... I find it overwhelming, cramping, chaotic, and not at all conducive to good play time. Kaity does follow my lead in this, thankfully, and "allows" me to boss her around about it. Good thing since these ARE my toys and it is MY house, and I AM the grandma, etc.
 At Kaity's request, we cleaned up the playroom and got out ALL of our PlayDoh stuff and brought it out to the kitchen area to play. Kaity loves PlayDoh. We had a very nice time making stuff together.
 We did a lot of laughing too, because again, Kaity was VERY bossy! I did not allow her to have her way with what I was making (unless it was reasonable); but I gave her all the freedom in the world about making her own stuff.
 The sun was beginning to set, making the lighting very pretty where we were playing ... Kaity looks so pretty in these pictures.
After we put our PlayDoh away, we sat down and played a game of Monopoly with Emma. We mostly laughed our way through it, though, because we were teaching Kaity how to play the game--she wanted to be the banker, I kept rolling doubles and going to JAIL, and people kept taking all my money. Kaity thought it was hysterical. It sure was nice to have this quiet, fun, playtime tonight with these girls.

No comments: