Friday, September 7, 2018

Just Kaity and I!

Thursday, September 6:  It's been quite a LONG time since Kaity-Girl and I have had a prolonged 1-on-1. I asked if I could pick her up from school and spend a little time with her and was given the go-ahead!
 Kaity showed me her Kingergarten classroom. She is very proud of it. I'm SO glad!
There are LOTS of other children in Kaity's classroom--many from her Readiness K class last year! 
 We came over to my house and just ... played! Just the two of us!
Kaity got out our horses right away: Luna, Nico and Dusty. We decided their riders (Lacy, Nicky, and Darci) needed houses (since the horses have stables), so we got out our blocks and went at it. Kaity had very particular ideas about the type of house she wanted to build. I was very pleased to see how hard she worked at it and how successfully she built SUCH a nice house!
We made french toast together, but Kaity's nose was stuffed up, she was feeling "warm" in her head, and truthfully, she didn't feel herself at all ... I'm not sure she even ate one bite. 
 SO ... we just moved on to other stuff! Kaity requested that we get out our paints and do some art ... ah ... this was PERFECT.
 Kaity super enjoys painting. Me too. We just relaxed and quietly did our art together. It was very precious to spend time with my Kaity-Girl these few hours.
I took her home at 7:00 and she cuddled right up with Jesse. I hope you feel better soon, dear granddaughter!

No comments: