Wednesday, September 12, 2018

A Good Monday

Monday, September 10:  I picked Aidan up at 9:30 this morning for a day together! We drove out to Rockford. It was a gorgeous, if not too chilly, day for taking a little stroll around this great little town, so we did! 
 We actually parked over at Wolverine--because THEN we could go inside and check out all of the cute shoes and boots. Nothing was purchased, and Aidan was less than impressed. But then we headed outside for the nicest little walk together. We crossed over the Rogue River at the dam and took in all of the sights and sounds around there. It was gorgeous. I forget sometimes that this is just a ten minute drive from my house!
 We strolled along by the dam for awhile--the roaring water is always good therapy, don't you think? Aidan was a little bit tenuous about the noise, but he did okay.
He liked watching the geese playing in the river making their loud talking sounds and even imitated them pretty well, which is something his big brother Brendan always did too. 
 We did not have Aidan's comfy stroller today--I failed to get it from Kelly's car--so we just used my umbrella one--not classy like Aidan is used to, but he put up with it just fine.
 This little love of a baby is SO precious, isn't he? Look at his soft little face. He melts my heart, without fail.

We drove back to my house and played for a little while. Aidan ate very well today--I was so pleased. I'm still getting used to the gluten-egg-dairy-peanut FREE diet of this little elf. He managed to eat most of the pasta I made for him today. He ate quite a few corn chips and some fruit snacks, and drank his peach juice too. He will sit for a very long time in his little chair (which attaches to a regular chair) and I can actually get most of the meal cleaned up before he decides it's time to ditch the chair!

I took a quick bathroom break after lunch and left Aidan to roam about for a few minutes. When I came out, this is how I found this little imp ...
He had gone to my art cupboard, retrieved TWO pencils for himself, climbed up on a table chair, grabbed some paper off the stack, and was seriously working on some scribbles that actually stayed on the paper! He looks completely GUILTY in the picture above--I did not mean to make him feel that way! I think I exclaimed in my joking voice that he was a rascal. He went on to explain to me (see below) what he had been up to. 

 I think he was quite pleased with himself. Little darling.

LATER ...
I took Aidan home at 2:30 or so and then met my dear friend, Brenda, out at Calvin's ecological park for a nice walk/talk. I did not take many pictures out there--too busy talking and listening. I love my friend, Brenda, so much. SHE has the kindest spirit and the WISEST heart. I'm so thankful for her.
Please, Lord, take the hurts of my friend and use them to draw her close to You. Help her to understand how deeply You love her, please. Meet those longings in her heart through the lonely days and nights she experiences. 
Help me, too, to be a better friend to her and help me to give her courage and hope through You. 

No comments: