Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Muskegon State Park ...

Sunday, September 23:  My friend, Gail (and husband) are celebrating their 45th wedding anniversary and so have been away from their little home at Paradise for a week now. I have only had one other occasion to spend the night out here this time but could (if I choose) spend Tuesday night out here as well; however, the weather is forecasting rain for that day.
I was pretty tired from my drive from Detroit early this morning, but what IF I do not get another chance to explore the beach and spend the night? Besides, wouldn't this be the perfect day to drive around to North Muskegon (to the other side of the channel) and get some photos that I don't already have 1000 of? 
I left home and arrived here some time after 4:00. I have rarely been on this side of the channel--perhaps twice or maybe 3x previously, and not at all when I could just take my time and REALLY get some photos that I could use ... 

 THIS afternoon, I got a bunch of good pictures that I will use in card making for sure.
 This is such a stunning spot--I love it so much.




 I love to have every angle possible on a lighthouse. I think I have the South Pierhead Light pretty much covered now ...


 This is such a sweet little lighthouse, isn't it? It is just everything a lighthouse OUGHT to be!


 It was a gorgeous afternoon ... promising of a beautiful sunset later .... hopefully.



 I even got to see the Lake Express leaving the channel ...



 Some day, I am going to get on that boat and cross the lake--it's on my bucket list for sure.








 I know ... I have TOO MANY pictures ... but that's OK!

 I LOVE Lake Michigan. Every time I come, I am drawn close to God. What an amazing Creator we have!

 I've never been up on this breakwater, but have wanted to for ... since FOREVER. It is almost impossible to walk on. I really think they should make a walkway, don't you? It would be so much fun to walk out on it like you can do the South Breakwater.
 Shimmering water ... sparkling like diamonds ... my favorite.


 There were monarchs EVERYWHERE ... none of them (except this one) would allow me to photograph them!










What a beautiful piece of Paradise! I crossed back over, driving 30 minutes just to get around Lake Muskegon; but soon, I was back on familiar ground, waiting for the sunset.

No comments: