Tuesday, September 25, 2018

For the love of Beatrice

Saturday, September 22 (Detroit):  Today was the BIG DAY. Beatrice #2 was released this week! The official Detroit book signing was Saturday (at Barnes & Nobles), and I GOT TO BE THERE! Y-E-SSSS! This was so much fun. I drove to Detroit and stayed at Ruthanne and Terry's Friday night to be ready for Saturday.



Ruthanne and I were getting ready to set up the craft tables, when low and behold ... LOOK who showed up?!?!? These dear folk had been in Lansing Saturday morning, visiting a monastery, and got to talking, and figured since they were practically HALF way to Detroit--why not just drive on over and join in the fun?
What fun to introduce them around--especially to those who had not yet met baby Erin!
 Brendan grabbed me right away to show me every single toy and gadget in the store that was interesting to him. We started off with the Harry Potter stuff. Dylan has read the first book to Brendan, but is going to wait to read the other books until Brendan is older.
 Here is Shelley and Ruthanne setting up the Morse Code jewelry craft table ...


 Brendan, Aidan and I ambled over to play with the trains ...
 Baby Aidan was overjoyed to see ... ME! I still can't get used to a child adoring me like this one does. It is quite sweet and I hope I never get used to it.



 Dylan and Kelly had their hands full ... at all times! I helped as much as I could, but I needed to be at the craft table to help Ruthanne, so that is what I did.


 Ruthanne and I decided that we LOVE any Barnes & Nobles store and would happily live in one if allowed.
 Look at these little cutie-pies ...
 So ... evidently in book #2, "Beatrice Zinker Incognito" Beatrice uses Morse Code as her secret writing code with friends. Shelley made a cool jewelry craft using Morse Code, short beads and long beads, so that the children could spell their name and make a necklace or a bracelet. 
 At this table, the kids were designing their own flags ... no charge for these crafts ... a gift from Shelley to her readers!
 It was a very long line to have your book signed. Kelly and Brendan waited patiently until it was finally their turn!

 I love it!
Disney released the hard cover book along with the paperback at the same time (which we thought was goofy of them, but we understand that's how it goes with a series) ... but the hard covers ran out very quickly. 




 With Dylan's help, Brendan made a very cool flag.

 Baby Aidan ran all over the children's section and had "fans" every where he went. He is such a funny baby, people just fall in love with his humor and fun. Here he is re-arranging the book store ...

CONGRATULATIONS, Shelley, on your second published and illustrated book! Disney got a good one when they got you!

The signing went from 3:00 until 6:00 and then we cleaned up and headed on out for pizza ...

No comments: