Thursday, September 27, 2018

This precious child ...

Wednesday, September 26:  Wednesday's have become our new date night--Brendan and me. We switched it up from Thursday, because after school on Thursdays, Brendan goes to "Horse school" where he is learning how to take care of farm animals. Isn't that a riot?! He LOVES it and he LOVES the horses. I'm so glad he gets to have this opportunity.
 This top two pictures are supposed to be on the BOTTOM of this post and the bottom two pictures are supposed to be on the TOP--but I am too lazy to switch them up presently! These two pictures are from our dinner at McD's where Brendan got a cheeseburger happy meal (that came with a bumblebee race car) and I had their crispy chicken sandwich. This is the McD's over on Northland, which I haven't been inside for years. They have a small "game" room attached where the games are FREE--shock! So Brendan and I played foosball and some other stuff, briefly, after we ate our food.
We started out, however, at MY house, where Brendan loves to be. I'm super thankful that my grandkiddos love coming to my house because it is my favorite place in the world (almost ... any place in the Holy Lane, Jerusalem in particular, ranks higher; as well as Michigan coastal places). Brendan is super easy to "entertain" although I really don't look at the time with him with a goal of entertaining him. We have a pretty easy relationship actually. We read a half dozen books before we did this puzzle/memory game. We read, "Castaway Cats" (by Lisa Wheeler), "Extraordinary Pets," (by Barroux, who was born in Paris), "The Cow Loves Cookies," (by Karma Wilson), 
"Butterfly Birthday," (By Harriet Ziefert), and "Can you Whoo, Too?" by Harriet Ziefert. Brendan LOVES a good story, and I'm so thankful for public libraries, aren't you?
 Then we put this puzzle together, only except it is actually a memory card game, so the pieces do not hook together ... but we were able to figure it out anyway. Brendan was less excited to play the actual Memory GAME ... I'll have to talk Kaity into it tomorrow!
I love this child so much ... his dear heart, his interesting thoughts, his sweet ways ... SO thankful I get to be his grandma.

No comments: