Monday, September 3, 2018

Girls only AGAIN!

Saturday, September 1:  The FIRST day of September?!?!?!  Yikes. That means summer is just about over. Well, I guess "all good things must come to an end ..."  Perhaps, just maybe, there is a possibility of us having a really L-O-N-G and warm Autumn? We have been swamped with rain for the past ten days or so. Last Fall they said the reason our colors were not so beautiful because we had been too dry. We should have absolutely superb colors this year!
Kaity and I made up some fun stories
with our STORY CUBES
The girls came over Saturday at our usual time for our usual routine! It was too wet to do any outdoor stuff, so we were pretty much confined to the Beach House. They didn't seem to mind that fact, so we were just fine. Kaitlynn loves to play at my house. I think Emma likes to be here too. She is sixteen now and I understand that the "thrill" of playing with grandma is quite over! It's always nice just to have her here, though.
 Kaity-Girl played very well over here. She gets out a lot of stuff, all at once, but is very agreeable to putting things away to give us more room to play. She does not give me any resistance whatsoever. She knows she is loved by her grandma!
 I could look at this little face forever ... she is growing up so fast. There are times when I think she and Emma look a lot alike, but there are other times when they look VERY unlike each other! It doesn't matter one way or the other. Both girls are beautiful to me in every way. I love being their grandma.
 Kaity and I played a lot with our little stuffed animals today. We had a few stories going on at the same time, mostly with our little pig family. Kaity joins right in with the fun of pretending--she is very good at it.




 Emma and I played a game of UNO (the game that never ends) with Kaity. Emma was very kind to show Kaity the rules of the game and to help her along. Emma won the game, and Kaity declared that she did not like to lose!

 That's the "down" side of games, Kaity. Someone always wins and someone ALWAYS loses.
I think we all did pretty well, though, considering it was just us girls for the afternoon. We missed you boys! 

Our Bible story today was one of my very favorite ones--about Abigail and Nabal and David. I'm sad the boys missed hearing it. I may just have to re-tell it next week if they come over!

No comments: