Sunday, September 30, 2018

Sweet boys

Friday night, September 28:  I "babysat" the boys Friday night while their folks (and baby Erin) went to a special dinner over at Meijer Gardens. I don't really like the word "babysit" when it is applied to my grandkiddos because it just doesn't fit somehow. The word "babysit" takes me back to my very young days when I was paid 50 cents/hr to take care of little children from our church when their parents went out on a date. I don't have especially good memories from my babysitting days. AND ... taking care of my grandchildren is NOT a job, it is NOT a chore ... it's personal and FUN and wonderful in every way!
 The boys and I went over to Culver's to eat our supper. Baby Aidan's allergies are prohibitive for a lot of regular food, but he CAN have fries from various restaurants. He enjoys his fries dipped in mustard.
 Aidan was not even belly laughing tonight at the restaurant, yet STILL he attracted the attention of several restauranteurs ... just because of his absolute cutness and very ready smile. Several folk stopped by our table just to be introduced to Mr. Charming here ... he was very glad to meet each and every one of them too.

 Dear Brendan FINALLY lost that wiggly upper front tooth that has been hanging on by a thread for days on end! He was very proud of his new gap! I told him he could be our very own pumpkin, but he declined.
Sweetie! These missing teeth make you look TOO grown up. THIS has to stop. Immediately.

No comments: