Friday, December 27, 2019

2019 Christmas Card

This year I was right on time with the design and printing of my Christmas card! I actually had them addressed and in the mail the first week of December (this is a first).

For the last few years (perhaps 10!), I've designed the card around a Christmas carol or a song that tells the Christmas story (even though it is NOT thought to be an actual CAROL).
 I have always loved the words to "I Cannot Tell", especially where it talks about the Lord seeking us as a Shepherd, as well as the fact that HE DOES "heal the broken-hearted" and "lifts the burden from the heavy laden."  

I came across Ken Bible's version of this song (can you imagine your last name being "Bible"?) a few years ago while looking through an old hymnal we used to have at Calvary Church. I loved his words immediately, but I loved the original song by William Fullerton just as much!
 So rather than have to use one or the other, I used both versions of this beautiful song. There is a typo on the back side of the card (above) because William Fullerton was born in 1857 NOT 1957. I made corrections (in pen) on all the cards I mailed out. Yuck.
I love designing and producing cards. I was pleased with this one, but as I look at it now I can see faults and ways I could have designed it better. It's always that way with me! 
However, one thing I am convinced of is that it communicated the very things that were on my heart, and it gave glory to the Lord who "left the Father's side" and came to us so long ago, to be our Savior. I'm so thankful for such a great salvation, offered to ALL people EVERYWHERE.

No comments: