Sunday, December 15, 2019

Laughing with Emma

Saturday night, December 14:  Emma spent the night tonight. It has been a tough week in many ways for her and I wanted our time together to be ... fun. We usually watch a movie together, and we usually like the same kinds of movies--at least, I think we do! Emma has a broader range of appreciation for different movies than I do. For instance, she loves horror movies. I disdain them because they are just too frightening for me. I physically can't tolerate that kind of stress! 

When I was a kid (long ages ago), one of my favorite movie stars was Shirley Temple (please don't laugh), and I especially loved the story of "Heidi." So I picked up the DVD years ago and evidently had shown it to Emma before. But we watched it again tonight ...
What surprised me most was HOW MUCH WE LAUGHED ... we practically laughed ourselves sick! Not because the story is hilarious or anything, but a few of the actors (the preacher, the chief of police, the school teacher--to name a few) were SO pathetic and unemotional ... it just completely cracked us up. I haven't laughed this hard in months and months. Emma and I were shrieking! 

There is something very cleansing about laughing until your stomach aches! I love Emma so much. Laughing with Emma is one of my favorite things in life, something very precious. I am super thankful for these times with her.

No comments: