Thursday, December 26, 2019

Christmas Day 2019

I'm the traveling grandma on Christmas Day, which works out best for my family. Why should little kids be pulled away from their brand new toys to go and visit their old granny? I agree!
 I was loaded up and ready to go--arrived over at Dylan and Kelly's at 11:30 this morning. This gave them private family time to open gifts, play, and do the stuff parents do with young kiddos--without their grandma overlooking every little thing. I'm 100% all for it!
 Here is dear Brendan opening up the cool transformer I got him ... it's a vehicle that transforms into a dinosaur ... AND it has terrifying sounds accompanied by lights.
 Naturally, I didn't have a clue how to transform this toy ... but Brendan had no problem ... Kelly only had to caution here and there about not forcing a part to move if it wasn't intended to move. I was hoping very much that Brendan would like this little toy. I was not disappointed. He told me he thought it was "very cool."

I also got Brendan a book (Klutz) of Paper Flying Dragons. You can make 12 different dragons and they actually FLY. Well, that's what the book claims anyway! I also purchased an Origami kit for him because Brendan really enjoys making stuff.
This is our little cherub, all sparkling with the Christmas spirit. She is something else. Look at her! She looks like she belongs in another era ... she is the sweetest little thing too.
I love this picture of Dylan ...


I got baby Erin the Fisher Price Little People helper house ... it's super cute and she loved it. Not shown in these pictures: two families of Little People, a dog (complete with dog bed and food dishes), chairs and some furniture for the house. The toilet makes a flushing sound, the bathtub sounds are cute too, and it plays other sounds. The LIGHT in the kitchen works too!

Baby Erin was very pleased. She received a cute little rabbit family from her folks, and she decided to have them live at the house too. Look at her precious little face. She completely melts my heart.
Her smile ...
Her winsome little ways ...
Erin with her life-sized penguin (from her Uncle Shane) ...
In one hand she has her new puppy, and in the other Mother Rabbit.
I love this picture of Kelly ... it's completely--well, almost--as beautiful as she is. I love her so much.



Baby Erin kind of stole the show with her cuteness ... I couldn't help myself ... one picture after another. She loves having her picture taken at this point ... so why stop?
Baby Aidan was napping while Erin was opening her presents from me, and then it was HIS turn.
I got him his very own GARBAGE TRUCK ...
Mr. Aidan was super pleased ...
I also bought him a Paw Patrol truck (with all six pups!) ... and a "Goodnight Train" book.

Dylan and Kelly got all 3 kiddos super hero caps and masks ... Aidan modeled his for me. Isn't he such a delicious little child?! AH!
Erin hard at play ...
Little Aidan and his trucks ... "fwucks" as he pronounces it ...



What a nice time I had playing with these dear people. Thank you, Lord, for the gift of family!

No comments: