Friday, December 27, 2019

The day after Christmas

Thursday, December 26:  Since Diana worked a 12-hour shift Christmas Day, today was the day they went to Grandma and Grandpa Hands house to celebrate Christmas. I thought sure that meant my Thursday afternoon with Kaity would have to be cancelled. BUT ... Diana messaged me and asked if I still wanted to see Kaity after they were finished over at her folks. YES!!! 
 I also mentioned to Diana that it would be nice if she and the boys came inside for a bit to meet our Matey-Bird! And here they are!
 Christopher told me that he has an aversion to birds in general and did not want Matey ON him ... so we used our Lake Michigan driftwood for Chris to interact with Matey. He did a very fine job of it too (Chris ... well, Matey did too!).
 Matthew seemed very happy to meet Matey and was quite amused at his antics. I'm so glad the boys came inside. Do you know the last time they stepped inside my house?!?!? It was on Matthew's birthday back in April!


 Diana is a natural with animals of every kind. Animals know this about people! Matey even gave her a kiss! Shocking ... it took him the longest time to do that with me! :)  

 Look at Matthew's face! I love this picture of he and Kaity!




 After the boys and Diana left, Kaity requested that I get "Charlie" out from his hiding place. She practiced making him walk around a little bit. He's pretty cute, but his hair is SUCH a mess! Anyway, it's interesting that Kaity remembered this funny bird puppet!
 Kaity got dropped off at 5:45 and we played until after 9:00--mostly with our cars and tracks. Kaity was in a racing mood ...

I love to play with you, Kaity-Girl! We have such fun together, don't we? On our ride home to Kaity's, we decided to go looking for the bright star that we can see shining as we drive down Cannonsburg--it's off to our right, up on a hillside ... we drove around trying to find the actual property where it is originating from--but we couldn't find it! We narrowly missed hitting two deer on one of the back roads. Dear Kaity was praying that we would find the Star, but we did not. I told her we would search again Saturday night. I told her the people that put it there must want people to know that Jesus was born and that the Star was a sign to the shepherds and the sages where to find Him. 

No comments: