Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Definitely TWO

Monday, December 16:  So this little Munchkin, although he HAS been fully TWO since March, has finally come into TWO-NESS. Suddenly (at least to me!), he says, "No Gamma!" when it is time to get his little boots on ... or if I tell him it is time to go home.
 But we'll get to that later ... because it is minor compared to the good times we have right here at my little house. Our little master train person builds until every single "frack" is used up. I am mostly the one building, however. He does "allow" this, although if he is not pleased with where I am placing a track or bridge, he will let me know by removing it with disdain (!). 
 However, once we have finished building, he plays and plays and plays. I just love to watch him. He's so particular and exacting ... and he is SO delighted while he plays.
 One victory today! Aidan actually ate an ENTIRE BOWL of mac 'n cheese! I found the KEY to this accomplishment--at least I hope so anyway. First, I waited until a little bit later in our afternoon to get food out. Secondly, I got nothing out except the main course--absolutely NOTHING else. 
 I'm hoping that this week's success carries over for a few weeks at least. It's so sad to me that he won't eat anything decent over here when he is with me. But today, my heart was happy about this.
 Matey has gotten super friendly with all of the kiddos. Aidan absolutely cracks me up about this because he is constantly saying, "Matey's SO cute, Gamma Carol!" But then if Matey gets too near him, he takes off running. Today, Aidan was securely strapped in his chair and Matey took full advantage of our skeptical little person and landed directly on his HEAD. I snapped this picture and showed it to him ... and he did laugh quite hard when he saw it. Whew!
 We lit our little snow-guy and Aidan was fascinated by the fire.

 Everything went along smoothly for the next hour. We played more trains. We looked at books. We got trucks out from the playroom--the usual routine.

 It was almost time to go when Aidan got the horsies out and began to "feed" all of them.

 Aidan loves these little horses. It's super cute to watch him play with them. He makes sure they all have their water buckets and feed trough with food in each. He's VERY careful not to leave anyone out.
It was a little past time to go to the car, so I got my coat and boots on. I told Aidan that we needed to go to Grandma's car. He took one look at me with my coat and boots on ... and took off running ... in the opposite direction! I did catch him, both of us laughing, but when I would not let him go he got a bit angry with me and threw himself out of my arms--thankfully (thank you, Lord) I hadn't picked him very high and we were on the lighthouse rug when he landed with a "thud" and burst into angry tears. I picked him up and we went to the rocking chair where crying continued while I rubbed his back and kissed his dear, soft face. He finally settled down and we were then able to get his boots and coat on and go to the car. I could tell he was still a little angry with me--but there is nothing I could do about that! Sigh. Babies grow up, that's all there is to it!

No comments: