Monday, December 30, 2019

These sweet kiddos

Monday, December 30:  Well, here it is ... the eve of New Year's Eve! Since we are all on holiday break during Christmas and New Year's, Brendan has no school all week and so he was invited to come over with Aidan this afternoon. 
 About two weeks ago, Brendan and I were looking at these number transformers and talking about which one to order. You see, there are many number transformer sets, but not all of them can be attached to each other to make a bigger robot or truck--THIS one does. There is, however, one particular problem with this great set--it is SUPER HARD to make it transform! Thankfully, Brendan has a mechanical mind and did a really good job figuring a lot of it out. It took Emma 45 minutes the other night to join the first 5 robots (numbers zero through 4) into a nice-sized robot. We went online and watched a video, which was very helpful. I wasn't any help whatsoever. These are just tough little numbers to maneuver--even Emma said so--and she is VERY mechanically minded. Brendan did like these, but I'm definitely going to have to figure out how to more easily work with them. I think I will take them with me to Detroit when I go there a few weeks from now and let Terry and Ruthanne show me how to make these do what they are intended to do.
 Matey joined us for our lunch and was intent to eat Brendan's Mac 'n Cheese. Brendan was not having any part of it! We did set out a noodle or two on the table for Matey, and he messed around with that for awhile. I finally had to put him back in his cage--he wasn't going to give us any peace while we ate otherwise.

 I'm so glad the grands are enjoying our little bird. They have such delighted little faces when interacting with him. 
 Naturally, we built a "fwack" using all of our tracks today. I'm glad I have enough to make an interesting layout every week. And I have enough floor space so that the kiddos don't have to be right on top of each other while they separately play. This worked out quite well for us today.

 I love this picture of these two sweet boys! Look at their beautiful faces! Notice the two-colored origami airplane Brendan designed! Good job, Brendan!
I love you guys. NEXT week, Brendan will be back in school and it will be my first time having AIDAN & baby ERIN together at my house. Whew. It was nonstop with these two today, but mostly because Brendan is pretty intense with all of his activities. It might not be as difficult next week--no matter, it is what it is! I will endeavor, with God's strength, to be a kind and loving grandma to whichever children God gives to me.

No comments: