Thursday, February 11, 2021

February 10 Ada Covered Bridge

Wednesday Afternoon:  The covered bridge is just around the corner from Ada Park ... unless of course you take a wrong turn, and then it takes awhile to get here! Sigh.

I love covered bridges. I'm not sure why exactly ... perhaps I just like bridges in general ... but a covered one is so romantic, isn't it?
I took an outrageous amount of pictures out here ... but no sunshine for me today ... so the sky is rather nondescript and blah. 
This is such a nice location, though. I love this place.

These pictures are loading in a somewhat crazy manner ... so no order ... all random ...
Here is the railroad bridge that is smack next to the covered bridge. I LOVE railroad bridges too.
Do you see the blue buildings behind the tracks? They've been working on these apartment/condos for about 12 months now. I like that they are blue ... but I would rather they weren't built at all. It was so lovely just to have a quiet hillside bereft of buildings.

I've walked those train tracks many times ... Emma CRAWLED over them about a year ago in the fall ... I wonder if I could get up there today? It's so nice to be able to take pictures from that perspective ...

The blue condos are starting to grow on me ... good thing they are blue and not yellow or some ghastly green. I like the underside of bridges too ... they are so interesting.






Well ... I managed to hold on to tree branches and climb to the top of the hill to walk the tracks. It LOOKS like it would be dangerous to do this, but it isn't! Look how straight and LONG the track is! You could see a train coming from very far away--and unless you were as deaf as a rock, you would HEAR it too. I will say that I walked across the bridge taking pictures ... rather hurredly.



See how nice the view is from up here? It's not like I own a drone or anything ... so it's me or nothing!


This is the dam off the Thornapple River that you can see from up here on the tracks ...


I LOVE railroad tracks ...


The reason I was out at this end of town today was because I had an appointment with my tax accountant. She was able to go all through my forms and paperwork and completely file both my Michigan and Federal return in 40 short minutes! Good news--I'm actually getting RETURNS from both the State and the Feds. Yay!

No comments: