Monday, February 8, 2021

February 6 The sledding hill ...

Saturday afternoon:  I was a little bit surprised when Jesse told me that Emma wanted to come sledding with Kaity and I this afternoon ... but I was SO pleased! YAY, Emma! I'm going to just roll a bunch of photos I took while the girls were sledding. The quality is not high because I don't shoot action pictures very well at all.

This is the hill that is over on Maranatha Bible camp grounds right off from Stoney Creek and Lamereaux. It's a really GOOD hill ...
Here goes Emma on the sled ... with Kaity NOT joining her ...
D-O-W-N goes Emma ... and she kind of wiped out at the bottom!
Kaity once again chose to NOT use a sled most of the time ... but just went down on her belly, penguin style.
Here's Emma getting ready for another run ... waiting for the bottom of the hill to clear of other sledders.

D-O-W-N she goes .... swish!

WIPE OUT!!!

I'm not exactly sure how, but Kaity's sled got away from her ... she just slid down on her belly after it.
This is Emma at the top ... I finally went down to the bottom to get better pictures.
Whoops! Another wipe-out!
Here comes Kaity-penguin!
This is a beautiful little place ... the railroad tracks are just opposite this pavilion and beyond the tracks are some of our favorite trails.
Here's our penguin again . . .
Oooo ... it looks like Emma might make it this time ... look! Her entire body is staying ON the sled!
Oops ... she's turning ... turning ...
Flipped off! 
Here is Emma taking a video of Kaity going down the hill on her belly.

Emma FINALLY convinced Kaity to ride with her ... perhaps they will make it ALL the way to the bottom without wiping out!

Almost ... just at the very very end ... they swerved a little bit and then ...
... the sled dumped them.
Here is a collision that happened when another sledder went down at the wrong time and there was a bit of a crash ... no one was hurt--the other kid apologized, and all was well.

I love these pictures of the girls sledding. I'm so glad we did this today. So thankful for beautiful memories we are getting to make together.

No comments: