Sunday, February 28, 2021

February 27/28 with Emma

Saturday and Sunday:  I was late picking Emma up Saturday night because I couldn't bring Kaity back to Diana until Diana was home -- Emma understood completely. We did not go on any hiking adventures this weekend--with the warmer weather, all our beautiful snow is tainted with soil, brown "grass" is everywhere, mud is in abundance ... so we stayed at my place. I love my dear little house so much. 

We watched "The Hunger Games" Saturday night. I had forgotten how tense this story is ... and how compelling the characters. Wow. The movie stays very true to the novel (thankfully), the acting is tremendous--everything about it is well done. It was so nice to be with Emma--she seemed happy in her heart tonight, more settled, more content--which is what I pray for her all the time. Not that she would not have any trouble--just that the Lord would protect her, give her eyes to see His love and work in her life, and to give her His peace.
We worshiped Sunday morning. Pastor taught us from Revelation 15 and focused on the song of praise from verses 3 and 4 (the song of Moses) ... how the Lord loves old songs of praise as well as new ones. We sang extra songs of worship, beautiful hymns and praise songs ... it was a wonderful service. We enjoyed talking to Nigel, Gela and Stephen before and afterwards--I miss these friends so much!

Emma and I enjoyed a healthy lunch and then just hung out together. At one point, we reviewed the Revelation teaching on the church of Thyatira--the one where pastor taught about the consequences of sin and the LIE of Satan that says God doesn't care what we do one way or the other--there is NO reward for doing what God says and certainly zero punishment for disobedience. Of course, that isn't true! Emma was laying on the couch as I reviewed the notes from that sermon back in the fall. I loved this time with her. Then we each took an hour nap! 

Later in the afternoon, we watched the sequel to "The Hunger Games" which was even MORE intense than the first one! Yikes. It was so well done.
It was a truly relaxing and sweet 24 hours with my Emma. I love her so much. Will You continue Your work in her, Lord? Draw her near to Yourself. Speak Your love into her life ... please Lord. 

No comments: