Monday, February 15, 2021

February 13 and 14 With Emma

Saturday/Sunday:  Saturday night, Emma and I watched the third Star Trek movie--I think it was called Star Trek BEYOND ... and I think I might even turn into a trekkie if I am not careful!!! Yikes. I find that I like the people in these stories a lot and it has been fun to watch them with Emma. We went to bed right afterwards and attended the 9:40 service at Calvary this morning. It was so good to be there to worship and hear the teaching from Revelation 13. I'm going to re-listen to the sermon this week because it was SO FULL of challenging stuff for me to think and pray about.

We did not take our usual hike this afternoon. The temperature was pretty frigid, plus we were waiting to hear about plans to spend time with Kaity over at Jesse's later in the afternoon. So Emma and I played a few games of competitive Solitaire. I'm super lousy at this game ...



But it was so wonderful ... yes, wonderful ... to just sit at this table across from Emma and have such a relaxing time with her. We did a little bit of talking while we played ... and it was a happy time that I will always treasure.
We drove over to see "Miss Kaitlynn" a little after 6PM. Her Adventure Bible and case had arrived at my house this afternoon!!! I was so excited to give it to her. Look at her dear face as she shows me what she has put in her Bible case pocket. Oh, Lord, please use Your Word in the life of this precious granddaughter. Teach her how deeply You love her! Please give her eyes to see You and ears to hear and understand Your ways and make them her own.
I took a few pictures of Emma with Belle (her cat), but this is the only one that turned out half way decent. The others were blurry for some reason (poor photography).
I love these of Emma and Kaity though ...






I think this one is my favorite.
Kaity and Emma had plans tonight to bake a cake to celebrate Valentine's Day together. My heart is super happy just looking at their dear faces ... thank you, Lord, for Your goodness to us! 

No comments: