Monday, February 22, 2021

February 21 at Grand Haven

Sunday:  Saturday night Emma and I watched an old movie that we used to enjoy together when she was quite a bit younger: "Homeword Bound: the Incredible Journey." It was relaxing and a nice way to unwind after a super busy week. We have plans tomorrow to drive to Grand Haven and Muskegon to enjoy some frosty weather and take ice pictures!

Sunday Afternoon:  We left my house just a little after 12:30 in the afternoon to drive to Grand Haven first. You see, I don't have one single picture (shock!) of the catwalk when it is ice covered! It was a chilling kind of cold this afternoon ...

... but SO beautiful!
Look at this crazy ice! Emma and I were wrapped up tight in layers ...
I've seen so many gorgeous pictures of this light on Facebook this week--from REAL photographers who get out at first light when there is hardly a person in sight and brave this pier all the way to the end ...
I had really wanted to walk to the end ... but the further out we went, the icer and more unstable the walking became.
Emma was testing it out for me -- super slippery ...

We decided NOT to proceed any further ... too risky ... and too many people to get a good picture anyway. Pooh.

We drove over to the Ferrysburg side (across the channel) to get different views--this is my favorite side anyway ...

There was fewer people over here, which was better for taking pictures at least ...


Look at all the ice in the channel!
I love it! It is SO beautiful.
Sadly, the north pier was even more iced over than the south was ... we didn't dare venture out on it.
I took what pictures I could grab from a safe place ...




Sigh. What a beautiful day! 



Such a beautiful place!
We hopped back in the car and headed towards Muskegon ... just to see what we could see!

No comments: