Monday, February 15, 2021

February 13 More sledding ... and a LOT of foosball

Saturday:  We have been taking advantage of the winter wonderland where we live ... and today we went sledding once again. Emma didn't join us this afternoon, but I will see her later in the evening.

Kaity and I drove up and parked at our sledding hill, Kaity jumped out of the car and immediately saw her TWO best friends--Kenzie and Harper--they were sledding too! YAY!

Here they are ... these three are quite a trio. Kenzie and Harper are sisters, four years apart. Kenzie and Kaity are closer in age--only one year separates them. But they have an interesting dynamic between them. I'm not sure I understand it exactly! They DO have fun together, but all three of them boss the daylights out of each other ... 

I like these pictures of these little snow girls ...

I was "pooped" after leaving the hill with them! 

Afterwards, Kaity and I came to my house. Kaity voted that we play FOOSBALL and my oh my ... Kaity was in prime form. She beat the tar out of me! Over and over again! I get really worked up (apparently) when I play foosball, which cracks Kaity up--so half of the time she was laughing so hard she could hardly play ... but STILL she won almost every game. We have official "tournaments" around here. Kaity revels in her victories. 

Also, I got on-line and showed Kaity the Bible I ordered for her AND the Bible case--which is just like the one I had gotten for Emma eight years ago (Kaity loves this Bible case because it has pockets and zippers and all kinds of cool places to put stuff). Kaity was very pleased to know that it had been ordered. I think it will arrive in time for her to take to her Awana club this week! I asked Kaity: "What makes the Bible SO special, different than ANY OTHER BOOK?" She gave this some thought and then answered: "God wrote it and it is TRUE!" And then we talked about that for a brief time--and Kaity was SO happy, her face just lit up when we talked about God giving us His very own book to tell us how much He loves us and to teach us how to live. So so thankful for this time with my Kaity-Girl.
 

No comments: