Friday, February 12, 2021

January 11 Good time with Kaity

Thursday:  I just KNEW Kaity would enjoy the resource material I checked out from the library this week--not because Kaity gets excited about academics--but because Kaity likes NEW stuff. It almost doesn't matter WHAT that new stuff IS ... 

I'm starting to catch on to this about Kaity and I figure I might as well take advantage of it--this characteristic of Kaity can have its negative implications--but it can also have positive ones! As soon as Kaity saw the "new" reading helps, she launched right into "teacher mode." She got her classroom ready with all of her students in their places. There was Paco (naturally), her snow leopard (Honey), her new little dog (Elbos), her hamster (Hildy) [I mended Hildy today--her seam had come apart and she had lost her stuffing--easy fix--and Kaity was super happy about it], Lucy (my little sheep), and then Harry (MY little hamster).
I got such a bang out of how pleased Kaity was with this "new" material. She set everyone up with appropriate tools and away she went ...
Matey watched Kaity's EVERY single move--when Kaity has a marker, Matey is all over it! Matey LOVES markers. See how Kaity has printed all of the words her students have made? By the way, GREEN is Kaity's favorite color (hence the green marker).
Kaity looks like a "natural" teacher ... look how she glances at her class as they are doing their work (!!).
Since Kaity would not give her green marker to Matey--he flew away!
All of the students got high marks today! Good job guys!
Kaity and I ate our usual hot dog dinner (with jello and chips on the side) and then we jumped in the car and went to Kaity's 7PM swim class.
Kaity has a new swim instructor. His name is Harrison. He did really well with his four students tonight. Kaity is a strong swimmer. She can do two widths of the pool easily.
I am as close as I can get to Kaity--just behind the glass wall that separates the pool from the waiting area.
The Glider 3 level Kaity is on is more about endurance than learning new things. She is equally good at the back stroke.


I'm so glad Kaity can have this opportunity to swim once a week and be taught good swim technique. She is a quick learner and a very good swim student.

I love your smile in this picture, Kaity. I'm super proud of you!

No comments: