Friday, February 26, 2021

February 25 Just keep swimming ...

Thursday:  Half my day today was spent trying to get the plumbing in my house back in order ... it's a bi-yearly problem with the roots that grow underneath my house and some how invade the pipe connections, blocking water and everything else from going to its proper place. I never get much warning when everything is backing up until there is water on the floor where water shouldn't BE on the floor ... which happened at precisely 1:30 this afternoon. 

The good news, though, is that once again the problem was found to be outside my home (as opposed to INSIDE--which would leave the plumbing bill to me) and the Park plumbing people came and all was fixed by about 5PM. Since I usually pick Kaity up from Jesse at about 4PM, this delayed that happening. But I did get to Kaity's soon after 5:00 and found her playing soccer in the neighbor's driveway. I was invited to join the game, which I did for awhile! 

Kaity and I only had about one hour over at my place before we had to leave to swimming lessons. That hour was enough for Kaity to BEAT me three games of foosball ... although all of them (except the first one) were close games. 

Since Kaity is now in Glider 3, she has a new instructor by the name of Harrison. Here he is! Tonight's lesson only had TWO students, which is always better than FOUR because each swimmer gets so much more time in the water that way.
Kaity worked on her skills and did such a good job tonight. She was very focused and attentive to Harrison's directions.
Look how happy she is!

This is Kaity treading water while Harrison counts the seconds ... all the way to 42! Good job, Kaity!

We had a good time in the car while driving to and from Gold Fish. Sometimes Kaity isn't very conversant ... but tonight she was very talkative and I enjoyed interacting with her so much. 

No comments: