Thursday, February 4, 2021

February 3 Brendan is NINE today

Wednesday:  It was wonderful to celebrate Brendan's birthday with him today. I was invited over to his house for present opening, dinner, and birthday cake! Yes! 

This is the picture I posted on FB to wish him a happy birthday.


 I made Brendan a birthday card which hopefully will upload right here:

This is the front of the card ...

This is on the inside top flap:
This was the birthday greeting:
This is the back of the card (a picture of Brendan and me about 7.5 years ago) ...


When I arrived at Brendan's, after picking Dylan up from work, it was about 5:30. Brendan was playing with his brand new LEGO set of Mario that does the coolest stuff.

He was explaining all of it to me ...
I gave Brendan his card to open ...

Brendan is reading ALL the details of his age ...
... and was a bit flabergasted to read that he was ACTUALLY 4,734,720 minutes! Look at his expression!
Then he opened the presents I brought--more Mario LEGOS to go with his starter set. Poor little Erin--this is too soon after Christmas for her to understand that not everyone was receiving presents today ... look at her little face. She kept saying "pwesents, gwamma?" Ouch.
Here is Brendan's birthday cake ... moist chocolate ... everyone's favorite.
The last three candles were "trick" candles that took extra effort to extinguish ... but Brendan did it!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BEAUTIFUL BOY. I love you so much.

No comments: