Sunday, February 28, 2021

February 27 Slush sledding

Saturday:  I picked Kaity up at 11:45 this morning! We got to enjoy 3.5 hours extra time today because Diana was out of town for a football event for Christopher. Since Kaity's "new sled" arrived, we went over to the sliding hill to try it out.

The thing is, though, our temperature in W. Michigan for the past three days or so has been well above the freezing mark, so there has been a LOT of melting going on. PLUS, when I got up this morning, I noticed a fresh new half inch or so of mixed rain and snow covering my walkway and street--it looked pretty, but it was complete SLUSH.
I think Kaity enjoys being with the children who slide as much as the actual sliding. Today there was only one other child who was with his grandparents--he was perhaps six years old--but he was interacting with his grandfolks, not with Kaity.
Kaity did slide down on her sled probably a dozen times or so ...






But it was a pretty lonely venture ... after about 30 minutes, she requested that we "go home" ... I knew she was sad about not finding any friends here today. I told her that since we were more than three hours earlier than we usually get here on a Saturday, that we would drive back by about 4:00 to see if any other children were sliding. That brought a smile to her dear face. We did return later in the day, but the hill was totally deserted ... with even more grass and mud exposed. We drove back to my house and got out the foosball table and played, with lots of silliness and laughter. 
 

No comments: