Saturday, February 6, 2021

February 5 Snow on Snow, Part 1

Friday:  I left my house at about 10:30 this morning in search of the CLOSEST pretty woods I could navigate to ... so I returned to Rogue River Park since it is just a few miles up the road and I could take side roads to and from.

This first picture, though, is a driveway on Chauncey Avenue right where I couldn't get my car to go UP the hill to 7 Mile--too much ice! So I turned around and drove a different route!

I went once again to the park entrance that is off Belmont Road. You see, there is a sign/map that shows the Rogue River on this side of the park ... but ... I was having difficulty figuring out the map (surprise!). It SEEMED to show that if I just kept straight on this path, I would eventually reach the Rogue River--however, I would have to walk all the way to Packer. No problem (I thought). The snow was coming down hard--but at least the wind hadn't picked up yet like it did later in the day.
I find that I love the deep woods in the fall, winter and spring just as much as I love a beach along Lake Michigan. Winter in the woods, though, is my favorite. I love to get "lost" out here in God's wonder, His stillness and quiet ...
But after walking for quite a distance, I found myself right back to where I was the other day when I ventured OFF the path and got myself scary stuck in the mud. This could not possibly be the way to the river! The little stream you see, is NOT the Rogue--it's lovely, for sure though ...
I did get some nice pictures of the stream meandering through the woods. The snow was coming down SO hard. I was layered to the max, though, and was actually too warm!


I decided to turn around, go back to my car and drive around to the other park entrance. The parking lot is blocked off and it will be a long walk, but I know right where the Rogue River is from that side of the park ...
I took these last two pictures while driving out of the park ... I love snow-covered fences, don't you?


No comments: