Monday, February 22, 2021

February 21 Muskegon Lights and Beach, Part II

Sunday Afternoon (cont):  I'm just going to add these additional photos ... with not a lot of comment ...


We were thoroughly chilled by this point and walked back to the car and were going to leave ... but our usual exit from the park, Beach Street, was closed ... but thankfully the sun was reflecting off the open water and this view was just so beautiful, I pulled over and parked. Emma said she hoped I would do that very thing! She bounded out of the car in a flash and away she went!

It does kind of look like we are in the ARCTIC, doesn't it?






 









And here is a picture of EMMA taking a picture of ME taking a picture of HER! I had thrown my winter scarf around my neck and on top of my head ... like a BABUSHKA, you see -- and Emma kept making fun of me about it. She blurted out that the word BABUSHKA meant "Grandma" in Russian! I told her there was no way in the WORLD ... the word simply means "head covering." 
Well, wouldn't you know! Emma asked her phone (!!) what the meaning of Babushka was and it said "Grandma." I was SO surprised. I never heard that before. I think Emma is going to enjoy calling me Babushka from now on ... well ... it certainly beats what she called me as a little kid--"DRUNYA" ... sounds foreign too! I love you, Emma!

No comments: