Wednesday, February 3, 2021

February 2 Silly songs ...

Tuesday:  I can hardly believe a week has gone by once again ... and here are these THREE kiddos at my house once more!

I think we dragged out every single toy in my house at one time or another today. We had so much fun.
I find I am getting more relaxed about having chaos all around me ... it's only a few hours ... and it all gets put back where it belongs before I go to bed ...
Aidan delights in building with the magnet tiles .... he does a really good job thinking up his own buildings.



I tuned us in to Youtube and looked up the song Brendan and I sang on our ride home last week. We found a gentleman by the name of Raffi, who sang a whole bunch of silly songs! We played these songs all afternoon. Our favorite is:

"Down By The Bay" ... Down by the bay / where the watermelons grow / Back to my home / I dare not go / for if I do / my mother will say: 

Have you ever seen a WHALE with a polka-dot TAIL, down by the bay?

OR

Have you ever seen a LLAMA eating his PAJAMAS, down by the bay?

OR

Have you ever seen a goat speeding in a boat, down by the bay?

Have you ever seen a BIRD acting like a NERD, down by the bay?
Have you ever seen a BANANA playin the PIAN-A? Down by the bay? 
Ha! We made up the silliest rhymes ALL afternoon. Brendan LOVES to do this. The little kids enjoyed it too, cracking up when they would hear the rhyme.
Have you ever seen the MOON eating with a SPOON, down by the bay?
Have you ever seen a cricket getting a ticket, down by the bay?
Have you ever seen a teacher kissing a creature, down by the bay? Ha!

Have you ever seen an APE squishing a GRAPE, down by the bay?

I love these guys ... here is Brendan relaxing in my rather broken-down office chair, watching Raffi sing his songs.
Aidan was concerned (as always) about Matey: "Gwamma: Matey is eating your STWAW!!!" he says while laughing.

Aidan is the funniest little guy ... he gets SO concerned about Matey ... look at his dear face.

Erin and Aidan played "tools" for quite awhile today. Aidan did most of the "tooling" while Erin watched. She would have used more tools, but Aidan dominated the entire affair !!  I intervened when I could, but this is the way it goes when one sibling is ... rather ... dominate!


This is Brendan's very last day of being EIGHT. I reminded him of that fact quite a few times throughout our time together today. He is the sweetest person. I love to watch him play ... he is meticulous and exacting ... he does not give up ... his patience is LONG. I love his heart so much.
 

I'm sure Brendan and I will add to our silly song rhymes every time we are together. I'm going to work on some ahead of time ... because it just delights him when I do!

No comments: