Friday, February 5, 2021

February 4 Thankful for Jesse

Thursday:  Today we are under a winter storm advisory. The snow began in earnest at about 4:30 here and right now, I can hardly see across my street. Kaity's swimming lesson begins at 6:30 tonight. Gold Fish Swim School is way east of town and on a regular night, it takes us 25 minutes to get there--which is no big deal at all. But ... I really do not like driving in hazardous conditions ...

I "messaged" Jesse through FB and asked him if I should cancel Kaity's lesson for tonight--but he offered to pick us up and take us to and from. YAY. You see, I already picked Kaity up after school and we are over here playing games of "Sleeping Queens" and getting dinner ready.

Thankfully, Jesse arrived exactly on time and ... I'm not sure how he was able to navigate these roads out here--I found that I couldn't even look--it was so scary! We arrived at 6:35 ... only to find out that her lesson had been scheduled for 6:00 NOT 6:30. My bad. They were super kind, though, and let Kaity have a 6:30 lesson. She was all ready to swim and walked right in. She did a great job again tonight.
Kaity was SO happy to be there and to be swimming in that nice WARM water.

I'm really thankful Jesse offered to take us tonight--otherwise, I know I would have cancelled. I'm also thankful that even though I messed up the time of her lesson, Gold Fish worked her in anyway. Their attendance tonight was very sparse, so it was not a problem. All of Kaity's future lessons will be scheduled at 7PM--that's a much better time for us. Good job tonight, Kaity!

No comments: