Tuesday, February 9, 2021

January 6 and 7 with Emma

Saturday Night/Sunday:  After we returned Kaity to Jesse, Emma and I went back to my place to settle down for the night. We decided to watch the second Star Trek movie ... if I'm not careful, I could turn into a "Trekkie" !!! Ha. No way. However, I DO like the movies!

We attended the 9:40 AM service at Calvary Sunday morning. Pastor Jim had the very difficult chapter of Revelation 13 to teach. The teaching gave me a lot to think more about. I have loved this series in Revelation.

Emma and I ate an earlier lunch and then decided (since it was SO amazingly beautiful outside), to take a nice winter walk. Since we didn't venture across the tracks yesterday from the sledding hill, we returned there this afternoon to walk the trails and just drink it all in. 
 

I'm not sure I've ever seen the woods more lovely than it was today. Now and then, the sun even broke through the clouds ... the shadows came out to play then and my heart was even happier!
This is the same exact woods where we did Emma's senior photo shoot. I love it back here. It is SO quiet. The trees are huge, the pathways are clearly marked, and I have never once gotten lost back here.
I took a crazy lot of pictures of Emma today ... 

It was positively freezing cold ... something like 16 degrees.

We climbed up a small hill and walked the railroad tracks for a bit ... the snow was SO deep on the tracks. I would LOVE to see a train roll through this snow, wouldn't you?
Emma is standing ON the tracks ... you would hardly even know they are there!


We found a skinny pathway off the train tracks ... it led is down into the trails once again. Mill Creek wanders through these woods in the loveliest way ...





It was snowing off and on ... occasionally, a playful wind would blow snow off the trees onto our heads. Look at Emma helping the wind out (below). I had told her I wished I could get a good picture of the snow coming down on her head ... I wasn't exactly thinking this way, however.






These are such great pictures of you, Emma. You have a great smile. I love how you love the magic of a woodsy hike ...




I told Emma at one point as we walked along that it doesn't get any better than this ... THIS ... this quiet, pure, lovely place ... almost a preview of heaven (hopefully without the biting cold) ... so thankful for this time with Emma today.

No comments: