Sunday, February 21, 2021

February 20 Sledding, word games, foosball ...

Saturday:  It's getting to be a Saturday habit with Kaity ... she LOVES to be on this sledding hill. I will admit--it is a great place to be outdoors in the cold! Kaity doesn't USE a sled--I bring two sleds each and every week, but Kaity will not use them. She says they go too fast!

That's OK! She does just fine without any sled at all!


Most of the time, she is just so ecstatic to be outdoors that she just runs and plays, rolls down the hill, chums with other children ... touches bases with me every so often ... I'm so glad we have been able to do this during these cold Saturday afternoons.

Here she is at the top ... do you see her taking her jump onto her stomach?
And here she is, looking a bit like a penguin sailing down the hill ...

Very good penguine form, Kaitlynn!
The sun was even shining Saturday afternoon ...
It was calling me ...
... across the tracks ...

... just for a sneak peak at the beauty of Mill Creek and the gorgeous trees and snow and shadows ...


It was a happy time outside! I parked the car at a good lookout place (where I could see Kaity anywhere on the hill) and eventually turned the car on, warmed it up nice and toasty and just watched Kaity's fun. She would run to the car at various times for a drink of water and to tell me this: "I'm having a BLAST Grandma!" Thankfully, Kaity has a lot of nice warm winter outdoor clothing, so she is able to be outside in the elements for close to two hours before she is cold.


We did manage to spend two hours at my house after sledding. I "tricked" Kaity into playing a few word games--thank you public library for your great resources! Kaity put all ten puzzles together and read most of the words. We also played "Go Fish" (Kaity won) and four very rough games of Foosball. We were tied at two games each when we looked at the clock and realized we were 30 minutes past the time we told Jesse I would bring Kaity home! SO ... it was a very nice time with Kaity, for which I am super thankful.

No comments: