Monday, June 7, 2021

July 7 A special thrill

Monday:  Every few weeks I take a book bag over to the Plainfield KDL and load it up with good books for the kids to look at when they visit my house. My prior check-outs were due tomorrow, so it was time to return them and exchange them for others. I LOVE the library. I have loved it for years! When my kiddos were little, we would take a crate almost every week over to the library and fill it with as many books as could fit (one time we squeezed 55 books into that crate)--it gave the boys something to look at during their "quiet hour" while I was typing for the doctors.

Today, I was browsing around for books and I passed by a table display filled with bundles of same reading level, similar interest books rubber banded together for easy check-out. My eye was immediately drawn to ...

BEATRICE ZINKER!!! At my very own public library! My body tingled all over from the thrill of seeing my niece's book as a LIBRARY BOOK. It was actually a much greater thrill than seeing it brand new at Barnes & Nobles!


There were two ladies standing nearby, also browsing books, and I announced to them that "my niece wrote and illustrated that top book!" -- I just couldn't help myself -- I was bursting with pride for Shelley. How fun! I am so glad my library has a copy of Shelley's wonderful book. I hope they eventually carry the other two Beatrice books (Beatrice is a series of three books) as well as Shelley's latest beautiful picture book, "More Than Sunny."
 

No comments: