Wednesday, June 23, 2021

June 22 Just the little ones ...

Tuesday:  Brendan had the opportunity to attend a "Harry Potter day camp" all week, so he did not come over today. I missed him, but I was feeling so poorly (health-wise) that I was almost glad to have less to deal with today. 

Here are a very few pictures of Erin and Aidan I took throughout our time together:

These two play very well together. Aidan always always always ALWAYS is the boss of Miss Erin ... at least until she has had enough and then she asserts herself LOUDLY! Good for you, Erin!
They built all afternoon with LEGOS and magnatiles, as well as playing with the treehouse and playground that are Kaity's (but she leaves them here so the small parts don't get lost). Kaity allows the little kids to play with her stuff because she knows that I watch them carefully and we take good care of her things.


We also built a rather elaborate train layout. Aidan wanted his separate from Erin's. Erin very badly wanted hers to connect to Aidan's. So ... after Aidan lost interest in his layout, we used a connecting track and joined the two of them together. An hour later, Aidan didn't seem to mind that we had slightly changed (only one track!) his layout and played along.
We had a rather delightful 20 minutes winding music boxes. I have three of them that I keep high up on my shelves so that little hands do not have access. I brought them down to show the little ones today. They loved them so much. Aren't little kids the BEST?

I love these guys. We missed you today, Brendan--but I am glad you get to go to Harry Potter camp!

PS  When I got home from dropping off the kids and visiting a little while with baby Callaghan, I was very provoked with how badly my body was hurting. So I did a little thinking and I figured something out--at least I hope so. A few weeks ago, I switched the kind of over-the-counter meds I was buying for the indigestion that I suddenly began to suffer from back in October 2019. I bought something a little "cheaper" than I was using prior ... but I read the box last night and it said that SOME people need TWO capsules per day instead of just one. So I took another one at 7PM and then again at 2AM this morning (when I woke up with a bad stomach ache). When I woke up this morning, I was far less nauseated and my stomach, back and chest did not hurt! I was SO glad! I did email my doctor about it. I'll see what she has to say and go from there. 


No comments: